Inwood Township is located in Schoolcraft County Mi and was established in 1866. The largest town of Cooks is an unincorporated community in Schoolcraft County, Michigan, United States. Cooks is located along the Canadian National Railway north of U.S. Route 2, 11.5 miles west-southwest of Manistique. Cooks has a post office with ZIP code 49817. Inwood Township has a total area of 126.5 square miles, of which, 120.3 square miles of it is land and 6.2 square miles of it (4.93%) is water. Cooks was founded in 1883 when John C. Cook built a sawmill at the community. The community was originally named Cook's Mills before being shortened to Cooks. A post office opened in the community on June 28, 1888; Norman McDonald was the first postmaster. The community had a station on the Minneapolis, St. Paul and Sault Ste. Marie Railroad under the name Cooks Mill.